Yearender: Film critics' top 10 Chinese films of 2015
Updated: 2015-12-28 09:38
No 2: The Dead End
A screen capture of The Dead End. [Photo/Mtime]
Raymond Zhou: The script has its problems, but it is a bold attempt at extending the spectrum of films of its kind. The actors have performed well in telling the characters' minds.
Tan Fei: This is a powerful crime film. The plot was not perfectly logical, and characters were somewhat awkward, but this does not overshadow the film's quality at all.
Zhang Yan: Under the genre of crime films, The Dead End showed the complex dilemma and emotional turmoil that exist between the police and criminals, some of which have gone beyond social order and social identities. An interesting tension was created while solving the crime, paying for its price and salvation.
She Fan: Several illogical scenarios stopped the film from becoming a classic, but the rattling, violently conflicting, delicately warming and neatly woven threads of the storyline reflect the ingenuity of director Cao Baoping.
In brief: The film focuses on three friends who raise an orphan. One is a policeman, one a taxi driver and the third is a fisherman. Their lives change due to of an unsolved murder that happened several years earlier. Actor Deng Chao was nomianted for best actor at the 52nd Golden Horse Awards, China's equivalent to the Oscars.
- More aid from China set for Syria
- Japanese journalist reportedly being held in Syria
- New York City has warmest Christmas Eve on record
- One dead as fight leads to fatal shooting at North Carolina mall
- Trump's lead bodes well for Hillary Clinton's presidential bid
- Spanish Socialist leader insists no support for Rajoy
- Top 10 policy changes in China in 2015
- Yearender 2015: Natural disasters
- The world in photos: Dec 21 - 27
- Yearender: Film critics' top 10 Chinese films of 2015
- China's top scientific achievements in 2015
- Yearend 2015: A picture and its story
- Christmas celebrated across the world
- HK car show kicks off during Christmas season
8 highlights about V-day Parade
Glimpses of Tibet: Plateaus, people and faith
Chinese entrepreneurs remain optimistic despite economic downfall
50th anniversary of Tibet autonomous region
Tianjin explosions: Deaths, destruction and bravery
Cinemas enjoy strong first half
Today's Top News
Shooting rampage at US social services agency leaves 14 dead
Chinese bargain hunters are changing the retail game
Chinese president arrives in Turkey for G20 summit
Islamic State claims responsibility for Paris attacks
Obama, Netanyahu at White House seek to mend US-Israel ties
China, not Canada, is top US trade partner
Tu first Chinese to win Nobel Prize in Medicine
Huntsman says Sino-US relationship needs common goals
Geared to go
The place to be