Mr. Six dominates China's box office in New Year week
Updated: 2016-01-10 09:49
A still shot from Mr. Six. [Photo/Mtime]
The film, which stars famed director Feng Xiaogang, was released on Dec 24. It was a popular choice in the three-day New Year holiday which ended on Jan 3, reaping 224.8 million yuan over the long weekend.
Domestic thriller Detective Chinatown was a respectable No 2 in the week, pulling in 399 million yuan after opening on Dec 31, China Film News reported Saturday.
Mojin-The Lost Legend, a domestic action-fantasy, landed in the third spot, with 340 million yuan. It opened on Dec 18.
The fourth place went to Devil and Angel, a domestic comedy, with 126 million yuan. It was released on Dec 24.
Rounding out the top five was Heart for Heaven, another domestic comedy, which reaped 75 million yuan after opening on Dec 31.
China's holiday box office hits record high $130 million
- Obama says US must act on gun violence, defends new gun control rules
- Over 1 million refugees have fled to Europe by sea in 2015: UN
- Turbulence injures multiple Air Canada passengers, diverts flight
- NASA releases stunning images of our planet from space station
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident
- Special report: Rise and rise of China's outbound tourism
- Trial data of former senior Party officials on display
- Replica of luxurious chariot from ancient times wows Xi'an visitors
- Number of giant pandas in China reaches 422
- Attendees feel the thrill of tech at CES trade show
- Vivid dough sculptures welcome Year of the Monkey
- Kidnapped five-year-old reunites with her family 56 hours later
- Kung Fu Panda hones skills from master
8 highlights about V-day Parade
Glimpses of Tibet: Plateaus, people and faith
Chinese entrepreneurs remain optimistic despite economic downfall
50th anniversary of Tibet autonomous region
Tianjin explosions: Deaths, destruction and bravery
Cinemas enjoy strong first half
Today's Top News
Shooting rampage at US social services agency leaves 14 dead
Chinese bargain hunters are changing the retail game
Chinese president arrives in Turkey for G20 summit
Islamic State claims responsibility for Paris attacks
Obama, Netanyahu at White House seek to mend US-Israel ties
China, not Canada, is top US trade partner
Tu first Chinese to win Nobel Prize in Medicine
Huntsman says Sino-US relationship needs common goals
Geared to go
The place to be