Amazing Ruoqiang: ancient Silk Road city's best features
Updated: 2016-08-18 10:08
By Wu Zheyu(China Daily)
A group of camels walk by in the Taklimakan desert. [Photo provided to chinadaily.com.cn]
The "Across Loulan" media tour, organized by the Cyberspace Administration Office of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region and the Party publicity department of Bayingolin Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture, made its fourth stop in Ruoqiang county, most of which is in the southeastern part of the Taklimakan desert.
It's a place of strategic importance in the ancient Silk Roads, the meeting point for the Orient and Occident. The rich cultural heritage, including the ruins of the ancient city of Loulan within the county, gives this area a sense of mystery and romance. Let's have a look at some of the more attractive features of the county.
- Malaysian authorities say ship carrying diesel hijacked
- Army commander: THAAD would 'easily affect' China-US ties
- Twin panda cubs confirmed born in Vienna zoo
- Four killed in boat collision in Greece
- Premier Li to receive Aung San Suu Kyi
- S Korean president names 3 new ministers for partial reshuffle