Chinese mariner Guo Chuan missing in Hawaii sea
Updated: 2016-10-26 20:19
Chinese mariner Guo Chuan sets sail of his trimaran in San Francisco, US on Oct 17, 2016, aiming to set a new solo non-stop trans-Pacific sailing world record from San Francisco to Shanghai. [Photo/IC]
BEIJING - Chinese mariner Guo Chuan trying to sail on a solo trans-Pacific voyage was missing off Hawaii, his support team said on Wednesday.
All attempts to contact the vessel had failed and a rescue organization in Honolulu has sent a searching aircraft, which found the mainsail in water, broken off Guo's trimaran, but didn't see the sailor on the deck.
- Russian, German FMs discuss Syrian situation
- Workers wield sledgehammers to tear down Calais 'Jungle'
- Panda-themed contest held to mark Belgium-China ties
- Morocco highly guarded to secure upcoming COP22
- Lavrov, Kerry discuss Syrian situation
- Turkish troops kill 17 IS militants since Mosul operation: FM