Beijing farms aim to attract tourists
Updated: 2015-06-24 09:29
By Yang Feiyue(chinadaily.com.cn)
A photo of Landiao Lavendar Manor. Photo provided to chinadaily.com.cn
An event aiming to integrate agricultural tourism resources in Beijing's suburbs will kick off on July 18.
The first session of the Beijing Farm Fest will be held in Beijing's Tongzhou district. The festival is jointly sponsored by the Beijing Entertainment Farming and Agri-Tourism Association and the Beijing Federation of Farmers' Cooperatives.
The festival is setting its sights on tapping into urban consumption needs for agriculture tourism in Beijing, and allowing urbanites to enjoy sightseeing, exercise, parent-child education and culture at various agricultural tourism facilities, says Jiang Hongfang, chairman of the association.
"The ultimate goal is to help farmers increase income, ensure agricultural products' quality and safety, and increase urban resident's happiness," Jiang explained.
- Heat wave kills 748 people in Pakistan's Karachi
- S. Korea protests DPRK's sentencing of 2 detainees
- Myanmar's new ceasefire talks likely to be held in Thailand
- Earthquake-stricken Nepal all set to host reconstruction conference
- The world in photos: June 15-21
- Polish airline, hit by cyber attack, says all carriers are at risk