Suzhou campaigns for more Western tourists
Updated: 2016-02-29 12:49
By Xu Lin(chinadaily.com.cn)
The Humble Administrator's Garden, a renowned Chinese garden in Suzhou. [Photo provided to China Daily]
The Suzhou Tourism Bureau will run the online campaign through May, giving potential visitors information about the city's tourism resources, delicious foods and traditional crafts on traveltosuzhou.com, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. People from the United States and Canada can also participate in interactive activities on the bureau's official site.
A "lucky" winner will also get a six-day vacation package for two people.
Another lottery will be held online for European travelers in April.
For international travelers, flying to nearby Shanghai is convenient. One can take the high-speed train to Suzhou from other Chinese cities, too. As a popular tourist destination, the city has been expanding its infrastructure, adding four new hotels in the past few months.
- Venezuela, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Russia to meet to stabilize oil market
- Gunman kills up to four in Kansas shooting spree
- Apple fights back in court, refusing to hack into iPhone for FBI
- Chinese may pursue Paramount stake
- S. Korea, US to launch working group on THAAD
- All bodies of plane crash victims recovered in Nepal
- Rural e-commerce developed to promote local products in SW China
- Things you should know about the 2016 G20 meeting
- Walk down memory lane: Rural China in 1980s
- A woman's artistic life
- Milan fashion week opens with eclectic, embellished looks
- Plastic-shirted Afghan boy gets signed jersey from Messi
- Adele steals the show at 2016 BRIT Awards
- Stolen Buddha head finally returns home
8 highlights about V-day Parade
Glimpses of Tibet: Plateaus, people and faith
Chinese entrepreneurs remain optimistic despite economic downfall
50th anniversary of Tibet autonomous region
Tianjin explosions: Deaths, destruction and bravery
Cinemas enjoy strong first half
Today's Top News
What ends Jeb Bush's White House hopes
Investigation for Nicolas's campaign
Will US-ASEAN meeting be good for region?
Accentuate the positive in Sino-US relations
Dangerous games on peninsula will have no winner
National Art Museum showing 400 puppets in new exhibition
Finest Chinese porcelains expected to fetch over $28 million
Monkey portraits by Chinese ink painting masters
Geared to go
The place to be