Hebei island eager to lure Beijing tourists
Updated: 2016-07-05 16:38
By Yang Feiyue(chinadaily.com.cn)
A photo of Tangshan city. [Photo provided to China Daily]
The local authority has invested 13 billion yuan ($2 billion) in recent years to develop the Tangshanwan International Tourism Island.
To date, 70 percent of tourists have come from the capital, according to authorities.
Local officials held a promotion event recently in Beijing, hoping to attract more visitors.
More than 200 travel agencies were represented.
The island sits on the coast of the Bohai Sea, Hebei province’s Tangshan. It covers an area of 125 square kilometers, with a superb ecological environment and tourism resources. Its Puti Island is home to more than 260 plants and 40 wild animals and 400 bird species. It's an ideal place for visitors to get in touch with nature.
Yuedao Island is a nice summer getaway for leisure and sports. The island features villas and a tourist center and can now accommodate 1,600 guests every day.
- NASA's Juno spacecraft loops into orbit around Jupiter
- Independence Day parade held in Washington D.C.
- 'Star Wars stormtroopers' celebrate culture festival in Spain
- UKIP leader Farage announces surprise departure
- Explosion heard near US consulate general in Jeddah: media
- 43 killed in NW Pakistan flash flood