No Chinese hurt in Boston blasts so far
Updated: 2013-04-16 11:28
BOSTON, the United States - The Chinese consulate general in New York confirmed on Monday that there have been no reports of overseas Chinese being killed or injured in the Boston Marathon explosions.
The consulate general said that it has been closely following the twin blasts that killed three people and injured at least 138 in Boston, and is checking on further information.
Cao Yue, a Chinese student in Boston said that two bombs exploded just 200 meters away from him. He saw smoke roll up near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
Another Chinese overseas student Zhu Junming said calm has been restored in the city of Boston, but the police blockaded several roads near the explosions.
The two blasts happened at around 3 pm local time and went off within seconds of each other near the Boston Marathon finish line on Monday.
Currently, at least 17 injured were in critical condition and 10 need to carry out amputations.