Reminiscing the relationship that once was
Updated: 2016-07-23 01:47
By Yu Ran in Shanghai(China Daily USA)
During a period when the two nations did not have official diplomatic relations, Americans continued to celebrate Chinese culture. In 1966, New York City school teacher Joan Panello arranged a Lunar New Year celebration for her students who lived in Chinatown.
- Fashion of Queen Elizabeth on exhibition in London
- Hollande urges Britain to begin EU exit talks 'as soon as possible'
- Trump vows law and order if elected
- Chinese cuisine stuns Thai princess
- Security Council holds first secret poll on next UN chief selection
- Turkey's Erdogan declares state of emergency after coup bid