H&M promotes summer collections with DJ show in NYC
Updated: 2014-05-05 11:26
By LIU ZHENG in New York(China Daily USA)
Staff of H&M Group prepare for a live show performed by French house music DJ Bob Sinclar by the entrance of H&M's flagship store on New York's Times Square May 2, 2014.［Liu Zheng / chinadaily.com.cn] Video
French house music DJ Bob Sinclar staged a live performance on May 2 at the entrance of H&M's flagship store on New York's Times Square.
Organized by H&M US, the show kicked off H&M's summer wears sale H&M Ultimate Summer. It attracted hundreds of music fans and tourists who stopped by and got with the beat.
Originally established in 1947, the Swedish multinational retail company has built six different brands and 3,216 stores around the world.
According to a company press release in March, H&M Group's total sales increased by 13 percent in local currencies compared with the same month last year.
As of 2013, being its largest expansion markets for fashion, China and the US have contributed to a total of 356 new stores globally compared with 304 the year before. With a total of 205 stores in China, sales in the country increased last year to $ 1 billion from $830 million the year before.
- Xinjiang publishes anti-terror brochures
- Security pact sealed with Afghanistan
- President Xi encourages international cultural exchanges
- Premier Li: China willing to help Afghan infrastructure
- Chinese FM: China, Asia-Pacific become community of shared destiny
- Foreign minister remarks on possibility of China-Japan summit