DPRK says holding high-level talks depends on S Korea
Updated: 2014-10-29 10:58
SEOUL -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) said Wednesday that whether to hold the high-level inter-Korean talks depends on Republic of Korea, according to Seoul's Unification Ministry.
The DPRK's National Defense Commission sent a notice to South Korea's presidential national security office early Wednesday through the western military hotline, saying the South Korean government connived at the scattering of anti-DPRK leaflets by civic groups.
The DPRK's top military body said it depends on South Korea's responsible choice whether to hold on to the anti-DPRK leaflets distribution or to hold the senior-level talks. It noted that South Korea was going in the direction of thwarting the agreed- upon inter-Korean dialogue.
|Hitting the road to revered DPRK mountain||Rare look at daily life in DPRK|
- New accord on security sealed with Afghanistan
- President Xi encourages international cultural exchanges
- Premier Li: China willing to help Afghan infrastructure
- Chinese FM: China, Asia-Pacific become community of shared destiny
- Foreign minister remarks on possibility of China-Japan summit
- Senior official falls to death in Nanning