5 killed in Houston shooting, standoff underway
Updated: 2014-07-10 09:52
HOUSTON - Five people, including three children, were shot dead at a home in the US city of Houston Wednesday, while two more were injured, according to local media outlets.
The shooting happened Wednesday afternoon in a residential house in north Houston, the Houston Chronicle reported. Two adults and three children were found shot dead on the scene. Another child and adult were airlifted to an area hospital.
Local TV ABC13 said the shooter driving a vehicle was chased by police cars. The chase ended in a cul-de-sac and there is currently a standoff underway. Authorities are now working to evacuate homes around the cul-de-sac.
There is no word yet on a possible motive of the shooting. The identities of the shooter and the victims are not immediately known.
- Xinjiang publishes anti-terror brochures
- Security pact sealed with Afghanistan
- President Xi encourages international cultural exchanges
- Premier Li: China willing to help Afghan infrastructure
- Chinese FM: China, Asia-Pacific become community of shared destiny
- Foreign minister remarks on possibility of China-Japan summit