Shooting leaves 2 dead, 5 injured in New Orleans
Updated: 2014-08-11 15:01
|One dead, 2 wounded in shooting in Philadelphia|
The night shooting happened at a predominately black community where a gunman opened fire on people sitting on the porch of a home, the Times-Picayune reported.
The suspect was driving in his car while firing gunshots. Neighbors told the police that they heard a barrage of at least 15 gunshots.
The drive-by shooting left two teenagers dead at the scene. Five others, including a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old, were injured, one of them critically.
Authorities have not released the identities of the victims or a possible motive for the shooting. The suspect remained at large.
Early in the morning, a young man opened fire on one of his friends who were staying in the same room of a hotel, located in the famous tourist district of the French Quarter in downtown New Orleans.
He shot injured the victim and later committed suicide after several hours of standoff with SWAT teams. The gunman was suspected to be under the influence of drugs.
- Xinjiang publishes anti-terror brochures
- Security pact sealed with Afghanistan
- President Xi encourages international cultural exchanges
- Premier Li: China willing to help Afghan infrastructure
- Chinese FM: China, Asia-Pacific become community of shared destiny
- Foreign minister remarks on possibility of China-Japan summit