3 killed, 4 injured in Los Angeles shootings
Updated: 2014-08-25 19:15
LOS ANGELES - At least three people were killed and four others wounded in a series of shooting attacks in Los Angeles early Sunday, police said.
The three incidents occurred between 5:50 am (1250 GMT) and 6:50 am (1350 GMT) local time in the San Fernando Valley area, which is part of the city's northern suburbs.
Police are investigating if the three attacks are linked.
While the victims appeared to be randomly targeted, police found that the same type of weapon was used in the attacks and it seemed that the suspects shot the victims from inside a car.
Later on Sunday, a male suspect, whose name has not been released, was arrested and taken into custody. He was found holing up inside a house in the nearby Sylmar neighborhood for about an hour.
- Party points way for rule of law
- Party's leadership "most fundamental guarantee" for rule of law in China
- CPC officials ordered to stop meddling judicial cases
- Rule of law must follow China's path
- Senior justice official probed in Hunan
- PepsiCo sponsors Tsinghua University to train future biz leaders