3 killed, 4 injured in Los Angeles shootings
Updated: 2014-08-25 19:15
LOS ANGELES - At least three people were killed and four others wounded in a series of shooting attacks in Los Angeles early Sunday, police said.
The three incidents occurred between 5:50 am (1250 GMT) and 6:50 am (1350 GMT) local time in the San Fernando Valley area, which is part of the city's northern suburbs.
Police are investigating if the three attacks are linked.
While the victims appeared to be randomly targeted, police found that the same type of weapon was used in the attacks and it seemed that the suspects shot the victims from inside a car.
Later on Sunday, a male suspect, whose name has not been released, was arrested and taken into custody. He was found holing up inside a house in the nearby Sylmar neighborhood for about an hour.
- Xinjiang publishes anti-terror brochures
- Security pact sealed with Afghanistan
- President Xi encourages international cultural exchanges
- Premier Li: China willing to help Afghan infrastructure
- Chinese FM: China, Asia-Pacific become community of shared destiny
- Foreign minister remarks on possibility of China-Japan summit