Obama authorizes 350 more military personnel to Iraq
Updated: 2014-09-03 09:26
WASHINGTON - US President Barack Obama on Tuesday authorized some 350 additional military personnel to be sent to Iraq, hours after the Islamic State militant group released a video showing the beheading of a second American journalist.
White House Spokesman Josh Earnest said the move was taken at the request of the State Department and meant to protect American diplomatic facilities and personnel in Baghdad, the national capital of Iraq.
- Party points way for rule of law
- Party's leadership "most fundamental guarantee" for rule of law in China
- CPC officials ordered to stop meddling judicial cases
- Rule of law must follow China's path
- Senior justice official probed in Hunan
- PepsiCo sponsors Tsinghua University to train future biz leaders