Kerry to host Chinese State Councilor in Boston
Updated: 2014-10-17 22:40
WASHINGTON - US Secretary of State John Kerry welcomes a top Chinese diplomat to Boston on Friday.
A week ago, Kerry hosted the British foreign secretary in his home town. Now it's the turn of Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi to sample a bit of the city's history.
Earlier this month, Kerry met in Washington with another senior Chinese official, the foreign minister Wang Yi. They aired differences over the Occupy campaign in Hong Kong.
Kerry will then travel to Indonesia for the inauguration Monday of new president, Joko Widodo, who won a July election.
On Tuesday, Kerry goes to Berlin to meet Germany's foreign minister.
- Xinjiang publishes anti-terror brochures
- Security pact sealed with Afghanistan
- President Xi encourages international cultural exchanges
- Premier Li: China willing to help Afghan infrastructure
- Chinese FM: China, Asia-Pacific become community of shared destiny
- Foreign minister remarks on possibility of China-Japan summit