Over 150 injured in teachers' protest in Brazil
Updated: 2015-04-30 10:32
Policemen clash with teachers during a protest in Curitiba in Parana state April 29, 2015. [Photo/Agencies]
Besides the protesters, at least two members of the press were also injured, according to daily O Estado de Sao Paulo. One was reportedly shot with rubber balls and the other was bitten by a police dog.
The protesters claimed that the changes in Parana Previdencia will be damaging to workers and will in time make the system unsustainable.
The state government denied it, saying that the changes will save money for the government and will maintain the balance of the system.
- Tourists swarm Mount Taishan even before holiday
- Hospitals checked for possible bribes, kickbacks, misconduct
- 2,000 Chinese tourists return from Nepal
- Watchdog says Sinopec chief faces investigation
- Red Cross Society of China delivers relief supplies to Nepal
- 4,000 Chinese stranded in quake-hit Nepal