Top 10 Chinese cities with innovative flair
Updated: 2015-04-29 07:28
Patent volume is a main indicator in identifying cities' capacity for innovation. By analyzing patents issued in the 30 years, 10 cities have been named the most innovative in China by a report from the Chinese edition of Forbes and Patsnap, a consulting company researching intellectual property in Singapore.
Beijing and Shanghai display strong innovation in TMT (telecommunications, media, and technology), biotechnology and medicine, automobile and nanometer materials, said the report. Shenzhen is the most innovative in TMT with patents for invention concentrated in three technology companies ZTE, Huawei and Hon Hai Group.
No 10 Chengdu
A giant panda-shaped art installation on the facade of the Chengdu IFS shopping mall in Chengdu city, Southwest China's Sichuan province, Dec 23, 2013. [Photo/IC]
- Tourists swarm Mount Taishan even before holiday
- Hospitals checked for possible bribes, kickbacks, misconduct
- 2,000 Chinese tourists return from Nepal
- Watchdog says Sinopec chief faces investigation
- Red Cross Society of China delivers relief supplies to Nepal
- 4,000 Chinese stranded in quake-hit Nepal