S.Korean man with MERS virus sixth to die in outbreak - officials
Updated: 2015-06-08 09:39
Employees from Korean Air disinfect the interior of its airplane in Incheon, South Korea, June 5, 2015. [Photo/Agencies]
SEOUL - An 80-year-old South Korean man who had tested positive for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) has died, officials from the city of Daejeon said on Monday, taking the number of deaths from the outbreak to six.
The man had been suffering from pneumonia when he was confirmed to have contracted the virus from another patient at a hospital, officials said.
South Korea has reported 87 MERS infections.
- Rescuers enter Eastern Star hull in search efforts
- China mourns Yangtze shipwreck victims as search continues
- 9.42 million students sit national college entrance exam
- Students prepare to take national college entrance exams
- TV giants suspend shows for ship wreck mourning
- China, Japan reopen finance talks after delay over sour relations