EU ministers to hold new migration crisis meeting next Tuesday
Updated: 2015-09-16 09:17
BRUSSELS - European Union interior ministers will hold an emergency council next Tuesday, Sept 22, to discuss the migration crisis, the meeting's chairman said after a similar meeting on Monday ended in deadlock.
Luxembourg, which holds the EU's rotating presidency, said in a statement it wanted the council to agree a mechanism to relocate 120,000 asylum-seekers from frontier states, a matter of bitter division between Germany and other western states on the one hand and Hungary and eastern allies on the other.
- Australia launches first air strikes against IS
- King promises to find cause of crane tragedy
- Austria plans border checks as thousands refugees backlogged
- Britain marks 75th anniversary of victory in Battle of Britain
- EU ministers to hold new migration crisis meeting
- China treads peaceful path after DPRK nuclear move