Rescue operations in full swing as quake death toll hits 365
Updated: 2015-10-29 10:45
The provincial government has dispatched 2,000 tents, 1,000 blankets and 2,000 floor mats to quake-hit areas, Information Minister of KPK Mushtaq Ghani said.
He also said the provincial government would provide a compensation money of 300,000 rupees (about $3,000) to the families of the killed.
An MI-17 helicopter will carry out rescue operation in the remote areas and a nine-bed mobile hospital with a team of surgeons has been dispatched to KPK province, said the NDMA.
- China's Five-Year Plan popularized by bizarre cartoon
- Strategic assessments to reduce pollution
- Chinese diners hit by bad news on processed meat
- Major environmental protection achievements during the 12th Five-Year Plan (2011-15)
- China looks to innovate the disabled aid industry
- Consumption of red or processed meat causes cancer