Rescue operations in full swing as quake death toll hits 365
Updated: 2015-10-29 10:45
Pakistanis warm themselves round a fire outside their home destroyed in the 26 October 7.7 magnitude earthquake, in Reshun, Chitral valley, Pakistan, October 28, 2015. [Photo/IC]
Meanwhile, Afghan President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani said on Tuesday that the death toll of the earthquake in Afghanistan has risen to 115 while the number of injuries has gone up to 538.
A total of 7,630 homes, 12 schools, 17 mosques, 20 office buildings have been damaged in nine provinces, Ghani said on his twitter account.
Rescue and relief workers increased emergency response to victims of the deadly disaster in northern and eastern provinces.
- China's Five-Year Plan popularized by bizarre cartoon
- Strategic assessments to reduce pollution
- Chinese diners hit by bad news on processed meat
- Major environmental protection achievements during the 12th Five-Year Plan (2011-15)
- China looks to innovate the disabled aid industry
- Consumption of red or processed meat causes cancer