Honduras detains 5 Syrians heading for U.S. with stolen Greek passports
Updated: 2015-11-19 04:03
TEGUCIGALPA - Honduran authorities have detained five Syrian nationals who were trying to reach the United States using stolen Greek passports, but there are no signs of any links to last week's attacks in Paris, police said.
The group of Syrian men was held late on Tuesday in the Honduran capital of Tegucigalpa on arrival from Costa Rica and they were planning to head to the border with neighboring Guatemala. The passports had been doctored to replace the photographs with those of the Syrians, police said.
- High-speed line on 'most beautiful route' to start construction
- Villagers sue after Dutch collector refuses to return stolen god
- China's richest man sues over false attribution on social media
- Tibet plateau as clean as North Pole: report
- Government on target for reduced pollution in 2017
- Tougher rules proposed for delivery companies
- France, Russia launch more strikes against IS targets in Syria
- Chinese bearing maker prepares Michigan facility
- Honoring 'benefactors and builders'
- Police make one arrest in Molenbeek over Paris attacks: TV
- France seeks global coalition against Islamic State
- Should parents talk to children about carnage?