Rupert Murdoch, Jerry Hall announce engagement
Updated: 2016-01-12 14:28
Model Jerry Hall and media magnate Rupert Murdoch arrive at the 73rd Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, California January 10, 2016.[Photo/Agencies]
Media baron Rupert Murdoch announced his engagement to former supermodel Jerry Hall in an advertisement published on Tuesday in The Times newspaper, which is owned by Murdoch's News Corp.
The advertisement, published in the classifieds section of the newspaper read, "Mr Rupert Murdoch, father of Prudence, Elisabeth, Lachlan, James, Grace and Chloe Murdoch, and Miss Jerry Hall, mother of Elizabeth, James, Georgia and Gabriel Jagger, are delighted to announce their engagement."
"They have loved these past months together, are thrilled to be getting married and excited about their future," a spokesman for the Murdoch family was quoted as saying in The Times. (http://thetim.es/1OYlDgl)
Hall, a former supermodel and actress, was married to The Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger for more than 20 years, although in divorce proceedings, Jagger claimed that they were never legally married.
Murdoch, executive chairman of News Corp and 21st Century Fox, has been married three times earlier. His last marriage was to Wendi Deng, a former executive at Murdoch-owned Star TV, who he divorced in 2013 after 14 years of marriage.
- Spain's Princess Cristina stands trial on tax fraud charges
- Rupert Murdoch, Jerry Hall announce engagement
- Obama to deliver final State of the Union speech
- Annual Coming of Age Day ceremony held in Tokyo
- Drug lord closer to US trial as Mexico starts extradition process
- UN chief slams deadly attack on MSF-supported hospital in Yemen