DPRK warns to use strategic weapons against US-ROK forces
Updated: 2016-02-24 10:17
PYONGYANG - The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) said Tuesday that its strategic and tactical weapons are ready to be used for preemptive strikes on the Republic of Korea and the United States even if any "small movements" were found among US-ROK special forces, the official KCNA news agency said Tuesday.
The first target of the attacks would be Chongwadae, the ROK's presidential office, as well as the ROK's authorities, said the KCNA, citing a statement issued by the supreme command of the Korean People's Army (KPA).
If the US-ROK armed forces continued to make military provocations despite warnings from the DPRK, the KPA would enter the phase of its second round of attacks, which would target US bases in the Asia-Pacific and even US territories, the statement warned.
The DPRK is accusing the United States and the ROK of attempting to bring about a "collapse of the DPRK social system", read the statement.
The US-ROK OPLAN 5015 war plan reportedly includes preemptive strikes on the DPRK and plans to remove the DPRK's weapons of mass destruction.
- Obama makes last attempt to persuade Congress to close Guantanamo
- Over 110,000 refugees, migrants reach EU by sea in 2016
- DPRK warns to use strategic weapons against US-ROK forces
- Trump's third straight win has rivals looking for answers
- Suicide bomber behind Ankara attack identified
- Cuba to deploy 9,000 troops to prevent Zika virus