President Xi presented with 'key to Prague'
Updated: 2016-03-30 08:19
Mexico City, Mexico
President Xi Jinping receives a ceremonial Key to Mexico City presented by Mayor Miguel Mancera in Mexico City, capital of Mexico, June 5, 2013. [Photo/Xinhua]
President Xi Jinping received a ceremonial Key to Mexico City, and called for closer bilateral exchanges on sub-national levels.
The key, along with a medal and an honorary citizenship certificate, embodies the friendship the Mexican people hold with the Chinese people.
Mexico City is one of Beijing's sister cities and a participant in the 2010 Shanghai Expo. Xi called for concerted efforts to increase bilateral exchanges and enrich the two countries' comprehensive strategic partnership.
- US officials applaud China for nuclear cooperation
- Beyonce, Easter Bunny highlight Obama's final egg roll
- Egypt Air flight hijacked and lands in Cyprus
- Brazil party set to abandon Rousseff
- Man shot and wounded by police at US Capitol complex
- One terror suspect arrested in Rotterdam at France's request