Arbitration body 'has nothing to do' with us, says UN
Updated: 2016-07-13 13:46
By Wang Qingyun(chinadaily.com.cn)
The United Nations said on Wednesday it has nothing to do with the Permanent Court of Arbitration.
In a post posted on its official Sina Weibo account, the UN said that the PCA is a "tenant" of the Peace Palace in The Hague, "but has nothing to do with the UN".
The UN said the International Court of Justice, its principal judicial organ set up according to the charter of the UN, is also located in the Peace Palace.
The construction of the palace was managed by the Carnegie Foundation, which is still the building's the owner and manager, according to the palace's official website.
The UN said in its weibo account that it needs to make an annual donation to the foundation for using the palace.
- Arbitration body 'has nothing to do' with us, says UN
- Trump expected to make VP announcement on Friday
- Chinese defense minister rejects South China Sea arbitration award
- 25 killed, 50 injured as trains collide in Italy
- The South China Sea Arbitration: Illegal, Illegitimate and Invalid
- Theresa May set to be UK's next Prime Minister after rival stands down