British police say mental health a significant factor in London knife attack
Updated: 2016-08-04 11:05
A woman walks past a closed entrance of Russell Square underground station in London April 29, 2014. [Photo/Agencies]
Armed police arrested a 19-year-old man at Russell Square after he attacked a woman, who was in her 60s and who died from her injuries at the scene.
"Early indications suggest that mental health is a significant factor in this case and that is one major line of inquiry," London Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley told reporters.
"But of course at this stage we should keep an open mind regarding motive and consequently terrorism as a motivation remains but one line of inquiry for us to explore."
- Paragliding fans fly over Rigi mountain in Switzerland
- DPRK fires 1 ballistic missile into east waters
- Tokyo's white paper on defense policy 'full of lies'
- Syrian gov't, opposition trade accusation of alleged chemical attacks
- Obama calls Republican nominee Trump "unfit" to be president
- 5 feared dead as Russian helicopter shot down