Top 10 social media events of 2015
Updated: 2015-12-18 06:31
12306.cn's verification security test
As the annual Spring Festival travel peak, known as Chunyun, approached, online tickets buyers felt upset as the 12306.cn, the only official website allowed to sell train tickets, adopted a verification security test in which the users needed to click certain pictures among the eight images to log in.
It was supposed to be easy, but due to the fuzzy images travelers struggled to answer the questions correctly.
Frustrated Internet users edited a series of verification pictures to ironically mock the system for failing to do the job that quickly become an Internet meme.
- 10 execs suspected of faking pollution data
- Top 10 social media events of 2015
- Life sentences for east China child traffickers
- Shenzhen leaps to top of efficiency list in 2 yrs
- Pandas prefer choosing their own sex partners, researchers find
- Tycoons exchange views on building a cyberspace community of shared future
- Good international coordination a must to combat terrorism
- Chinese embassy: spy report 'sheer fiction'
- US, Cuba agree on restoring commercial flights
- Fed raises interest rates, first rate hike since 2006
- IAEA decides to close nuclear weapons probe of Iran
- Russia, US call for common ground over issues