Top 10 social media events of 2015
Updated: 2015-12-18 06:31
Belly button challenge
In June, a trend known as "belly button challenge" - to show how slender your figure is by touching your belly button by reaching behind your back and around your waist - took off on the Chinese social media.
With thousands of Internet users posting their successful or unsuccessful photos to show off their bodies, the challenge received 170 million hits within one day since its launch.
- 10 execs suspected of faking pollution data
- Top 10 social media events of 2015
- Life sentences for east China child traffickers
- Shenzhen leaps to top of efficiency list in 2 yrs
- Pandas prefer choosing their own sex partners, researchers find
- Tycoons exchange views on building a cyberspace community of shared future
- Good international coordination a must to combat terrorism
- Chinese embassy: spy report 'sheer fiction'
- US, Cuba agree on restoring commercial flights
- Fed raises interest rates, first rate hike since 2006
- IAEA decides to close nuclear weapons probe of Iran
- Russia, US call for common ground over issues