Ten things NOT to do in the Mogao Grottos
Updated: 2013-08-15 17:15
1. No flashlight photography. The strong light from camera flashes will directly damage murals.
2. No large backpacks. Even the slightest scratch by a backpack could result in fatal loss of the ancient and highly delicate murals.
3. No body contact with the cave walls.
4. No liquids inside the caves.
5. No visiting while drunk.
6. No long stays inside the caves.
7. No pets.
8. No smoking.
9. No littering.
10. No playing around. Stick to the route laid out and don't disturb others.
China Daily - Dunhuang Academy
Ancient murals in Dunhuang Mogao Grottoes are in danger of disintegrating. Preservationists are desperately trying to digitize the important relics before they are gone forever. More...
|Holding onto history||Gansu's great Silk Road secrets|