Clash of civilizations in a fairytale village
Updated: 2016-02-14 08:55
[Photo by Huang Zhengwei/China Daily]
Pictures of three-wheeled electric vehicles, Transformers' Bumblebee, a female farmer holding a shovel, Hulk, villagers mowing a grassland and the Ninja Turtles ... they look a bit strange when put together.
But in Lihe village, Xin'an county in Henan province, these artworks are trendy 3-D paintings covering both sides of a road and have transformed this village into a fairytale world.
This village road is designed as a tourist attraction, in order to blend rural culture and modern art. Last October, the local authority recruited a professional team of artists to paint each house along the road, according to their wall size, and so far they have finished doing 200. The road of paintings will run for more than 20 kilometers, and villagers have come to terms with their existence, and have started to appreciate them.
The contrast of the paintings on the walls with the traditional Chinese countryside is attracting a lot of attention.
Related:Printer takes chocolate into the 3rd dimension
- ASEAN wants good US-China relations
- Jury finds NYPD's Liang guilty in fatal shooting
- Major powers agree on plan to break Syria deadlock
- Munich Security Conference opens amid concerns
- General strike against pension reform brings Greece to standstill
- Madrid airport sounds alarm after bomb threat on Saudi plane