Most expensive Western arts Chinese splashed on
Updated: 2014-11-15 08:15
In recent years, Chinese collectors keep showing up on the world auction market with splashy buys of major art. It may reflect that Chinese collectors are becoming stronger buyers and marching toward the center of the world stage.
Let us review the high-price art bought by Chinese collectors in recent years.
1. Vincent Van Gogh's Nature Morte, Vase aux Marguerites et Coquelicots
Wang Zhongjun, the chairman of China's Huayi Brothers film studio, bought the piece during the sale of Impressionist and Modern Art at the Sotheby's in New York for $61.8 million, Nov 4, 2014.
- 'Thousands stand to benefit' from Sino-US visa accord
- World's tallest man meets world's shortest man
- Across Americas over the week (Nov 7- Nov 13)
- S. Korea to hold drill in islets disputed with Japan: Seoul
- China, Pakistan pledge to strengthen air force cooperation
- B20 urges G20 to make bold commitments for growth, jobs