Most expensive Western arts Chinese splashed on
Updated: 2014-11-15 08:15
At a special night sale by Christie's in New York called "If I Live I'll See You Tuesday...", which is a warm-up for the upcoming Contemporary Art auction, Chinese businesswoman Zhang Lan bought Andy Warhol's Little Electric Chair for $10.5 million.
The founder and chairman of the nationwide South Beauty chain of restaurants also bought Martin Kippenberger's 1988 portrait of Picasso in his underpants for a record $18.6 million at the auction.
- 'Thousands stand to benefit' from Sino-US visa accord
- World's tallest man meets world's shortest man
- Across Americas over the week (Nov 7- Nov 13)
- S. Korea to hold drill in islets disputed with Japan: Seoul
- China, Pakistan pledge to strengthen air force cooperation
- B20 urges G20 to make bold commitments for growth, jobs