Dou Jingtong: Star in the making
Updated: 2016-05-30 07:35
By Chen Nan(China Daily)
Dou Jingtong plays her recent gig in Beijing's 798 Art Zone. [Photo by Jiang Dong/China Daily]
It's evening at the 798 Art Zone in Beijing. Singer-songwriter Dou Jingtong emerges from a coffee shop next to a live-house venue, where she has just performed.
Fans scream her name and take her photos on cellphones.
"I love you," one young woman tells her idol.
In her tight blue jeans and a loose white blouse, Dou, 19, smiles shyly and waves at people.
Success has come early for the soft-spoken musician, who released her debut album, Stone Cafe, in April. It is in English.
- Camps abroad offer students a new experience
- China-made world's first functional 3D printed building opens in Dubai
- Map reveals claim over islands by Manila groundless
- Racial sensitivity urged as ad causes outrage
- Regulator to launch drug pricing probe
- What is that thing? Innovative bus looks like a moving tunnel
- Chinese G20 presidency 'ambitious' in seeking solutions for global growth: OECD official
- UNICEF alarmed at refugee, migrant deaths in Mediterranean
- 35% of northern and central Great Barrier Reef destroyed
- Vintage plane crashed in Hudson River during emergency landing
- 2,000 refugees relocated on first day of major police operation
- No sign of EgyptAir plane technical problems before takeoff