Fee cut and margin trading relaxed to save the market
Updated: 2015-07-02 11:06
By Dai Tian(chinadaily.com.cn)
30-percent cut on transaction fees
The two major stock exchanges and China Securities Depository and Clearing Company will lower transaction fees and transfer fees, said the CSRC.
Fees have been cut to 0.0487 permillage from 0.0696 permillage of the transaction volume for A-share trading, with 20 percent of the charges transferred to an investor protection fund, according to a joint statement of Shanghai and Shenzhen bourses.
The CSDC, in addition, will lower transfer fees to 0.02 permillage of transaction volume from 0.3 permillage and 0.0255 permillage for Shanghai and Shenzhen exchanges respectively, with the cuts will take effect on August 1.
Market concerns the high valuation lacks supportive fundamentals, as the country's benchmark Shanghai gauge jumped 32.2 percent in the first half of the year, while the Shenzhen index rallied 30.2 percent.
Chinese stocks fell for three days this week, with the Shanghai gauge retreating 8 percent.
Xinhua contributed to this story.
- Mass casualties in Indonesian military plane crash
- Japan's LDP lawmaker denounces Abe's security policies
- More than 100 feared dead in Indonesian military plane crash
- More than 50 may die in Indonesian plane crash
- Japan's Diet gets 1.65m signatures against security bills
- Thailand's first MERS case declared free of deadly virus