Russian president arrives for state visit
Updated: 2014-05-20 07:24
Profile: Russia President Vladimir Putin
SHANGHAI - Russian President Vladimir Putin arrived in Shanghai early Tuesday to start his state visit to China and attend the upcoming Asian security summit.
Putin will attend the fourth Summit of the Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday in Shanghai.
According to the Chinese Foreign Ministry, Chinese President Xi Jinping and Putin will hold talks on Tuesday and make a "substantial" statement, and also witness the signing of a series of important bilateral cooperation agreements.
It will be Putin's first China tour since Xi took office and the second meeting between the two presidents this year.
Substantial statement expected during Putin's visit
China-Russia gas deal set to be signed
- China hosts major Asia security conference
- Xi vows support for Afghanistan reconstruction
- Security summit to help build mutual trust
- Russian president arrives for state visit
- China suspends cyber working group activities with US to protest cyber theft indictment
- China publishes latest data of US cyber attack