Senior tourism official removed from post
Updated: 2015-01-19 20:44
BEIJING - Huo Ke, deputy director of the China National Tourism Administration, has been removed from post for suspected "serious discipline and law violations."
The decision was made by the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, said the Organization Department of the CPC Central Committee on Monday.
The CPC's discipline agency announced on Jan. 16 that Huo has been placed under investigation for suspected serious violation of party disciplines and laws.
- Chinese premier arrives in Switzerland for Davos forum, working visit
- Obama to focus on middle class in State of Union address
- Chinese naval escort fleet visits Germany
- At least 4 killed in clashes in Congo
- UN condemns escalating attacks by Boko Haram
- Israel steps up security for possible Syria airstrike