Asian countries to seek win-win co-op: Xi
Updated: 2015-03-28 10:26
Chinese President Xi Jinping addresses the opening ceremony of the Boao Forum for Asia on March 28, 2015. [Photo/Xinhua]
Chinese President Xi Jinping is present at the opening ceremony of the 2015 annual conference of the Boao Forum for Asia (BFA) in the coastal town of China's southernmost island province of Hainan on Saturday morning.
The theme for this year's conference is "Asia's New Future: Toward a Community of Common Destiny".
The following are some of the highlights from Xi's speech:
-- Xi pays tribute to Mr Lee Kuan Yew at BoaoForum, says Lee is a strategist and statesman respected worldwide Chinese President Xi Jinping expresses condolences for victims of Germanwings crash at the forum.
-- Xi says being a big country means shouldering greater responsibilities, not seeking greater monopoly.
-- Interests of Asian countries become intertwined & community of common destiny has taken shape.
-- He stresses coordination to prevent negative spillover effects from economic policy changes in individual economies.
-- China will explore platform for cooperation among #AIIB & multilateral financial institutions.
-- Chinese investment abroad to exceed US$500 billion in 5 years.
-- Stable domestic, peaceful international environment what China needs most.
-- China will always remain force for world peace and common development
-- "Belt and Road" to be chorus of all countries along routes, not solo for China itself.
-- "Belt and Road" and AIIB open initiatives, welcomes partners worldwide.
- China to evacuate citizens from Yemen
- Two graft-involved Chinese fugitives taken back from Laos
- Consumer poll reveals products with lowest satisfaction scores
- China unveils action plan on Belt and Road Initiative
- BRICS countries consent to promote judicial cooperation
- Asian countries to seek win-win co-op: Xi
- Australia announces it will join China-proposed bank
- Germanwings pilot planned big gesture, says ex-girlfriend
- 'Behind-the-scenes' visit at Paris Zoological Park
- Migrants risk lives crossing into Europe
- US denies visa to young man for transplant
- Germanwings' co-pilot 100 percent fit to fly: Lufthansa CEO