Australia announces it will join China-proposed bank
Updated: 2015-03-28 20:00
By Zheng Yangpeng in Boao(chinadaily.com.cn)
Australia will join the Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank as a prospective founding member, Mathias Cormann, Australia's finance minister, said at a panel discussion during the Boao Forum for Asia on AIIB.
He said he had met China's finance minister, Lou Jiwei, on Friday and will formally announce the decision on Sunday.
The announcement followed Russia's First Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov's announcement to join the bank Saturday morning. South Korea also announced its decision to apply. The application deadline is March 31.
- Australia announces it will join China-proposed bank
- Germanwings pilot planned big gesture, says ex-girlfriend
- 'Behind-the-scenes' visit at Paris Zoological Park
- Migrants risk lives crossing into Europe
- US denies visa to young man for transplant
- Germanwings' co-pilot 100 percent fit to fly: Lufthansa CEO