Chinese navy holds live-fire drill
Updated: 2015-07-02 20:48
QINGDAO -- The People's Liberation Army (PLA) navy conducted a live-fire confrontation drill in the Yellow Sea on Thursday, according to a statement from the PLA.
Ships, aircraft and land-based forces attached to the Beihai and Donghai Fleets, Shenyang and Jinan Military Areas, and the Second Artillery Force, had fired various missiles, dozens of torpedoes and hundreds of shells, the statement said.
They had fired to intercept "water-surface, underwater and airborne targets", and for the first time organized a maritime missile combat supply exercise.
The drill was carried out in a "complicated electric-magnetic environment", and an information attack and counter-attack was staged.
The statement said, multiple forces participating in the drill, rather than the navy alone, well adjusts to the practical conditions of maritime combat in an information era.
- Injured ROK tourists in intensive care
- 36 dead, 26 missing after banca capsized in C. Philippines
- Thai navy plans to buy three Chinese subs
- Mass casualties in Indonesian military plane crash
- Japan's LDP lawmaker denounces Abe's security policies
- More than 100 feared dead in Indonesian military plane crash