Sequel of Crouching Tiger's underway but without Ang Lee
Updated: 2015-09-17 07:42
By Xu Fan(China Daily)
Oscar-winning Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon took audiences by storm when it was released 15 years ago.
But it won't be Lee at the helm.
Kung fu enthusiasts will, however, be delighted to know that Hong Kong veteran filmmaker Yuen Woo-ping is the director of the latest title, since Lee showed no interest in repeating a similar story.
"Filmmaking is part of life. I'll do it whenever I still can do it. But for me, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon has become the past," Lee said at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival.
Details of the sequel were shared on Monday in Beijing, reportedly from a place not far from the new film's sets.
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II: The Green Legend will hit mainland theaters on Feb 8, 2016, during the Chinese Lunar New Year.
- UN chief: Those blocking fleeing refugees should 'stand in their shoes'
- Hungarian riot police detain migrants
- IOC announces five cities bid for 2024 summer Olympic
- Japan opposition to halt vote on security bills
- Japan protesters rally as security bills near passage
- Australia launches first air strikes against IS