Chinese non-commercial ads to be displayed in the US
Updated: 2015-09-16 10:09
The red crown crane is often featured in myths and legends in China. It is a symbol of luck, longevity and fidelity. [Photo/china-embassy.org]
These photos were actually noncommercial advertisements intended to raise awareness of endangered animals, and display Chinese people's love for them.
The advertisements were placed in 70 public bicycle renting stations in Washington D.C. And from Sept 21, the ads will be printed on 70 public buses in states like Virginia and Maryland.
- Australia launches first air strikes against IS
- King promises to find cause of crane tragedy
- Austria plans border checks as thousands refugees backlogged
- Britain marks 75th anniversary of victory in Battle of Britain
- EU ministers to hold new migration crisis meeting
- China treads peaceful path after DPRK nuclear move