Hit-and-run luxury car driver detained in Beijing
Updated: 2015-10-08 10:33
A Lamborghini car knocks into eight vehicles and injured one person while speeding on a downtown street in Beijing on Oct 6, 2015.[Photo/Beijing Youth Daily Sina Weibo]
Beijing police have detained a hit-and-run driver whose Lamborghini car knocked into eight vehicles and injured one person while speeding on a downtown street early Tuesday.
The suspect, a 21-year-old man surnamed Yu, fled the scene after causing the chaos near the Workers' Stadium in eastern Beijing at around 4 am Tuesday.
Yu was caught by police in a community in Chaoyang District Tuesday evening, the Beijing traffic police authority said in a press release Wednesday.
It said Yu was also suspected of drunk driving. He was detained for harming public security.
- Robot monk with artificial intelligence makes debut
- Nursing homes, more Chinese old people's final choices
- Hit-and-run luxury car driver detained in Beijing
- Park officials say glass cracks don't affect walkway's safety
- China becomes smaller for tourists
- Scenic spots packed with tourists on National Day Holiday
- Russian warplanes hit IS targets in Syria
- Senior US envoy to visit Japan, S Korea, China
- Russia, US agree to cooperate in solving Syria crisis: Russian FM
- Iranian President calls Iran deal victory over war
- LatAm experts praise Xi on yuan, globalization
- Evidence found of summertime water flows on Mars: study