'China speed' amazes world
Updated: 2015-11-30 07:35
Team members of China, Xie Zhenye, left, Su Bingtian, Zhang Peimeng and Mo Youxue celebrate after the men's 4x100 meters relay final, August 29, 2015. [Photo/Agencies]
5. Aug 29: China's men's 4x100m team wins silver
China's Mo Youxue, Xie Zhenye, Su Bingtian and Zhang Peimeng set a new Asian record in the men's 4x100m relay at the 2015 IAAF World Championships at the "Bird's Nest" National Stadium in Beijing on Aug 29, 2015.
The quartet clocked 38.01 seconds to finish third but was later promoted to silver medal position following the disqualification of the United States.
Su earlier made history by reaching the men's 100m final, becoming the first Asian man to compete in a championships final after his time of 9.99 seconds in the preliminaries. Zhang is the continent's second fastest man with a personal best 10.00 seconds.
Zhang Peimeng, left, sprints away. China was promoted to second place after the US was disqualified. Aug. 29, 2015. [Photo/Xinhua]
- Britain's Cameron says time to bomb militants in Syria
- Russia accept full suspension from athletics
- Turkish and Russian FMs to meet in Belgrade
- S.Korea, DPRK agree to hold vice ministers' meeting for improved ties
- Avoiding escalation over Russian warplane downing
- Rights panel presses US over scientists' cases