'China speed' amazes world
Updated: 2015-11-30 07:35
Editor's note: Over the years China has claimed many world titles, including for the fastest computer. The world's second largest economy continues to stun with amazing "China speed" - a bridge swapped in 43 hours; a skyscraper built in 19 days. Let's have a look at some achievements.
An electric multiple unit train during a test run between Datong and Xi'an in north China, Oct 28, 2015. The train passed the high speed test, clocking 385 km/h. [Photo/Xinhua]
1. Nov 18: Chinese high-speed train passes speed test at 385 km/h
A Chinese electric multiple unit train reached a speed of 385 kilometers per hour and passed a high speed test, a major step before it begins formal operations on Nov 18.
Designed and manufactured by CSR Qingdao Sifang Co, Ltd, China owns the independent intellectual property rights to the train which is designed to operate at a standard speed of 350 km/h.
It was tested under complicated conditions, including on bridges, in tunnels and on slopes and turns.
The train, which rolled off the production line in June, features innovations in safety, comfort and energy efficiency. [Photo/Xinhua]
- Britain's Cameron says time to bomb militants in Syria
- Russia accept full suspension from athletics
- Turkish and Russian FMs to meet in Belgrade
- S.Korea, DPRK agree to hold vice ministers' meeting for improved ties
- Avoiding escalation over Russian warplane downing
- Rights panel presses US over scientists' cases