'China speed' amazes world
Updated: 2015-11-30 07:35
6. Mar 17: 57-story skyscraper completed in 19 days
China successfully completed construction of a 57-story skyscraper which was put together in just 19 days by producing many components in advance including entire truss systems, saving time and energy on site and also reducing pollution associated with construction sites and cast-on-site concrete.
The building was finished with 1,200 workers working round-the-clock, said He Youxian, an executive overseeing the site. The building can reportedly withstand up to magnitude 9 earthquakes.
The mixed-use structure, featuring 800 apartments and office space for 4,000 workers, has a total floor space of more than 2,000,000 square feet as well as 19 giant atrium spaces.
An internet user @iOld Chap located in Caribbean, Grenada comments on the vidoe clip:"I'm afraid that what we are seeing here is the huge energy and skills shown in a country which is overtaking the West in leaps and bounds. If I had kids now I would persuade them to go East to make their fortunes." Another netizen from India said "Only Chinese can do it!Salute!"
The 57-story skyscraper in Changsha, capital of Central China’s Hunan province, Mar 17, 2015. [Photo/Chinanews.com]
- Britain's Cameron says time to bomb militants in Syria
- Russia accept full suspension from athletics
- Turkish and Russian FMs to meet in Belgrade
- S.Korea, DPRK agree to hold vice ministers' meeting for improved ties
- Avoiding escalation over Russian warplane downing
- Rights panel presses US over scientists' cases