8 trapped miners still alive 5 days after mine collapse
Updated: 2015-12-30 12:09
JINAN - Rescuers have found eight survivors five days after a mine collapse in east China's Shandong Province, rescuers confirmed on Wednesday.
The gypsum mine accident happened at 8 pm Friday in Pingyi County when 29 people were working underground.
One is confirmed dead, four managed to escape, and another seven have been rescued so far.
The owner of the mine drowned himself by jumping into water when working with the rescue team early Sunday morning.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident
- Former Israeli PM Olmert's jail term cut, cleared of main charge
- Japan, S. Korea reach deal on 'comfort women'
- More than 70 killed in Nigeria bombings, suicide attacks
- Argentina issues orange alert for heat wave