Internet regulations: From the US to Australia
Updated: 2016-05-17 10:29
In December 2008, a number of British internet service providers blocked a Wikipedia page displaying an image of an album cover from 1976 that portrayed a naked teenage girl.
Law requires that information that glorifies or incites terrorism be censored. Filtering technologies such as the "CleanFeed" system are criticized for not publicizing the list of filtered websites, which could lead to abuses.
- Canadian PM to introduce transgender rights bill
- Hillary Clinton says her husband not to serve in her cabinet
- New York cake show designs fool your eyes
- ROK prosecutors seek 17-year prison term for attacker of US envoy
- World's biggest plane leaves Australia
- Conference calls for females to be put at forefront of development