Updated: 2015-03-20 08:14
By Sun Yuanqing(China Daily)
Rocks for the stars
Diamonds have always been a girl's best friend, especially if that girl is a diva.
· Actress Zhang Ziyi accepted rock star Wang Feng's proposal with a 9.15-carat diamond engagement ring, on her 36th birthday in February.
· Hong Kong actress Michele Monique Reis (pictured right) married business tycoon Julian Hui in 2008. The marriage was sealed with a 5-carat diamond ring with an estimated worth of 50 million yuan ($8 million).
· Legendary Taiwan actress Lin Ching-hsia received a 12-carat diamond ring, with an estimated worth of about 20 million yuan, when she married Hong Kong businessman Michael Ying in 1994.
· Hong Kong actress Carina Lau and actor Tony Leung had an extravagant wedding in Bhutan in 2008. Her 12-carat diamond ring is said to be valued at about 100 million yuan.
· Actress Zhang Yuqi married movie director Wang Quan'an in 2011. She received an 8.688-carat diamond ring－the carats symbolizing Zhang's birth date of Aug 8, 1986.
· Hong Kong singer Kelly Chen married Alex Lau in 2008. Her diamond ring of six carats was valued at about 50 million yuan.